Tech North (part of Tech City UK) is a government-backed initiative aimed at accelerating the growth of the digital business sector in the North of England. Since launching in 2015, the team has already launched Northern Stars, Founders Network, the Digital Powerhouse Report and Career Hacker. We do this by focusing on five areas:
1. Raise the profile of the Northern Tech sector and the companies within it by uniting the regions to tell one great story
2. Create the central point of data on Northern Tech to support our initiatives around funding and skills
3. Support the creation of a leading ecosystem for founders and entrepreneurs through access to funding, networking, training and support for accelerators and co-working spaces.
4. Reduce the skills and talent gap in digital and tech by collaborating with tech employers both large and small
5. Assure the sustainability of Tech North and its initiatives by making sure we secure funding for beyond 2018
The culture is one of a start up with a lean mentality. We aim to be agile, transformative and authentic in our day-to-day operations.
Tech North covers the seven Northern tech clusters of Liverpool, Manchester, Leeds, Sheffield, Hull, Sunderland and Newcastle and all the space in between – 14,400 square miles in total. A lot happens in the tech and digital sector in this patch, meaning we have a lot of stories to tell, and a lot of information to convey.
As an experienced research manager, you’ll work with the wider content team to source that data and information and convey it through reports, infographics, articles and other formats.
Location – anywhere in the North of England
If you are interested, please send a covering letter, your CV and a short email to email@example.com for more details. No agencies please.
Tech City UK is an equal opportunities employer. Job applicants may be asked to provide evidence of their ability to work and live in the country where the role exists.