Tech North (part of Tech City UK) is a government-backed initiative aimed at accelerating the growth of the digital business sector in the North of England. Since launching in 2015, the team has already launched Northern Stars, Founders Network, the Digital Powerhouse Report and Northern Voices We do this by focusing on five areas:
1. Raise the profile of the Northern Tech sector and the companies within it by uniting the regions to tell one great story
2. Create the central point of data on Northern Tech to support our initiatives around funding and skills
3. Support the creation of a leading ecosystem for founders and entrepreneurs through access to funding, networking, training and support for accelerators and co-working spaces.
4. Reduce the skills and talent gap in digital and tech by collaborating with tech employers both large and small
5. Assure the sustainability of Tech North and its initiatives by making sure we secure funding for beyond 2018
The culture is one of a start up with a lean mentality. We aim to be agile, transformative and authentic in our day-to-day operations.
What we're looking for...
Challenge of the role
You will be responsible for generating commercial revenues that drive our expansion beyond activities based on our basic government funding. Working with the Head of Business Development you’ll be responsible for:
- Shaping and executing a framework for partnerships
- Identifying new sales leads
- Pitching products, programmes and other services
- Maintaining a fruitful relationship with existing customers.
Duties & responsibilities
- Identify and secure a strong set of business and marketing partnerships with private and public organisations.
- On-board and account manage the day-to-day relationship with assigned partners. Ensuring existing partners are provided with access to the benefits agreed, are kept abreast of our activities and have the opportunity to be involved in new Tech North & Tech City UK initiatives and programmes
- Support the Tech City UK partnership team in the creation and execution of the Partnership Acquisition plan. This includes, but is not limited to, developing partner offers, creating partner presentations and putting together campaign/event schedules
- Work closely with Tech CIty UK to support National partnership agreements.
- Collaborate with programme leads to ensure that events are conceived and executed to the highest quality to satisfy guests and partners
- Represent Tech North in your interaction with the tech community and share its vision and mission
- Contribute to the work of the wider communications and engagement team, including internal/external communications, public affairs, media work and events, as appropriate.
Skills & experience
- Ideally you will have a year or more experience in sales or account management
- Able to build first class, productive relationships with Partners and work at all levels up to senior management
- You are passionate about the North and its future
- You have experience of working in the digital and technology sector.
- Strong commercial acumen and negotiation skills
- Excellent communicator, able to present professionally and confidently
- You are personable and enable to quickly build strong and positive relationships with stakeholders
- You are a highly-motivated self-starter, able to work both independently and as part of a team
Reports to: Head of Business Development
Based in: The North of England
Travel: Regular national travel
How to apply
If you are interested, please send a covering letter, your CV and a short email to email@example.com for more details. No agencies please.
Tech City UK is an equal opportunities employer. Job applicants may be asked to provide evidence of their ability to work and live in the country where the role exists.